UPDATE: The Church council of DeMotte UMC met 05/25/2021. The church council recommends people wear masks in the church building and keep a distance of three feet between family units. Jasper county is still ‘Orange,” please continue to take proper precautions to protect yourself and others from the Corona virus.
TO: DeMotte UMC members and friends
FM: Rev. Ed van Wijk
RE: CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 UPDATE
Dear DeMotte UMC Family and friends,
Grace and Peace, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Summary of Sunday Worship Guidelines
- In-person worship services at the DUMC building are held at 9:00 am. We will also continue to livestream worship on Facebook.
- Everyone is welcome, except
- Those having a fever, coughing, or sneezing are asked not to attend worship.
- Safe distancing must be practiced in all seating. A three-foot distance must always be maintained between persons of different family units. Pews will be marked as to available seating.
- The wearing of a mask is required to attend worship. Masks will be provided for those who do not have one.
- All hymnals, Bibles, and papers have been removed from the pews.
- Congregational singing for those who like to sing is allowed while wearing your mask.
- Sealed cups containing bread and juice will be available for pickup at the beginning of a communion service at the entryway.
- A place for members to drop their offering into a container will be available.
- There will be Children’s Time and Sunday School.
- Restroom capacities are posted.
- There will be coffee hour and fellowship times before and after worship.